Let’s Talk About #SYRAH!
Let’s spend a day tasting and talking about Syrah! Why? Syrah ROCKS.
Join us Thursday, February 16, 2012 as we celebrate the world of Syrah for 24 hours! Yes, 24 hours because we are serious about Syrah. You too can become serious about Syrah by picking up a bottle (or two) of Syrah from your local grocer or wine shop. Or dig into that cellar of yours or even order Syrah from one of your favorite Rhône producers. Then on Thursday, February 16th share these wines with friends at a home soirée, at a local restaurant or join us online for one big, amazing Syrah tasting!
Syrah is the most commonly recognizable Rhône variety and is grown in just about every wine region throughout the world. Due to its popularity, you can find a bottle of Syrah from France, Australia, Spain, Washington State, California, Oregon, Arizona and beyond at your local wine shop or grocer. By picking up a bottle from a few of these regions you will have the opportunity to taste the unique terroir each of these regions possess. When it comes to food, Syrah is your wine. This admired Rhône variety is extremely food friendly and will pair nicely with anything from lamb kabobs to pepperoni pizza.
Below you will find all of details of #Syrah Day to help you prepare for a day all about #Syrah. We look forward to learning about the #Syrahs you open, questions you have and activities you will engage in on #Syrah Day.
Overall Event Details
What: #Syrah Day
Time: All Day! That’s right, 24 hours of #Syrah
Location: Planet Earth
What to do: On the day of the event, Tweet, Facebook and blog your thoughts, tasting notes on #Syrah. Ask questions and share facts. Even post a photo to your favorite Social Media site. If Social Media is not your bag, plan an evening in or out with friends that is all about Syrah! The goal of this day is to open a bottle of Syrah and enjoy with friends and family.
Hashtag: #Syrah or #SyrahDay – Use these hashtags when tweeting about #Syrah Day
• Highlight #Syrah all day with special promotions and tastings
• Spotlight #Syrahs from around the world by the glass
• Create a special #Syrah inspired meal for your patrons
• Open bottles of library #Syrahs
• Host a #Syrah Day event
• Spotlight #Syrah in your Visitor Center
• Host a #Syrah Infused Event
• Create a #Syrah tasting at your home with your pals with #Syrah inspired bites
• Hold a #Syrah Happy Hour at the office
Tidbits of Syrah
• Syrah (C-rah)
• Syrah also known as Shiraz (She-raz)
• A highly colored grape with firm structure
• Syrah commonly possesses notes of plum, raspberry, blueberry, blackcurrant, violet, roasted meats, smoke, chocolate, pepper and anise
• Syrah is the prominent grape of Northern Rhône in which the variety originates from
• A heat-loving vine that has adapted well to California’s Central Coast and Eastern Washington State
We look forward to toasting to #Syrah with you on Thursday, February 16, 2012!
The Hospice du Rhône Team