Get Your Grenache on with #GrenacheDay September 16, 2016
Gather your friends, a few bottles of Grenache and help celebrate International #GrenacheDay on Friday, September 16! Join online or create your own #GrenacheDay event at your winery, wine shop or home.
Where Will Team HdR Be?
Team HdR will be hitting the airwaves with the Cork Dorks for Liquid Lunch over on Krush 92.5. Tune in at noon on September 16th to hear all the juicy details about #Grenanche. Plus, we will have some very special guests joing us.
What to Do:
On the day of the event open a bottle of #Grenache or two then tweet, facebook and blog on #Grenache. You can do this for 24 hours! Yes, 24 hours of #Grenache as this day of celebration will span the entire globe! During International #GrenacheDay, ask questions and share facts from your favorite social media sites or even via email to the Hospice du Rhône team. Most importantly this day is all about #Grenache so we encourage you to open a bottle of #Grenache and enjoy with friends and family.
How to Interact:
You can interact with Hospice du Rhône and the rest of the world #Grenache lovers virtually by heading over to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram Have questions about Grenache or fun facts you would like us to share, send them our way at email@example.com.
#GrenacheDay or #Grenache (utilize this in all tweets, facebook updates or blog posts). Using a hashtag allows others to search the keyword, in this case #Grenache, to see what others are posting about #Grenache throughout International #GrenacheDay.
Host Your Own International #Grenache Day Infused Event:
• Wineries, Restaurants and Retailers: highlight Grenache for the day
• Host a Grenache tasting at your home with your pals with Grenache inspired bites
• Hold a Grenache Happy Hour at the office
Ten Tidbits on #Grenache:
1. Grenache: (Gra-Nash) big bodied, supple and rich strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, black pepper
2. One of the most widely planted red wine grape varieties on the planet
3. The vines get better with age
4. Grenache has an uncanny ability to withstand drought.
5. Grenache tends to ripen late in the harvest season.
6. Grenache is happy when grown without a trellis system.
7. Grenache is the prominent grape variety used to craft Côtes du Rhône wines in Southern France.
8. In Châteauneuf-du-Pape Grenache is usually 80% of the blend.
9. A majority of Southern French Rosés can attribute their characteristics to Grenache.
10. In Spain, Grenache is referred to as Granacha where it just so happens to be the dominate grape variety within the Priorat.
We look forward to toasting #GrenacheDay with you on Friday, September 16th. Don't forget to share this information with all of your #Grenache loving friends.